Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pool/ shower etiquette

This is whining, so I'll be sounding mean. Sorry about that.


Could not believe my eyes tonight.

Went to the Y. When I was soaking in the hot tub, there was a middle aged lady, who's mid & low section resembles the Venus of Willendorf, wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts, was also soaking in there. It's not uncommon to see people wearing stuff on top of their swimsuit. I understand not everyone wants to show too much of their body, but I do question the cleanliness of that shirt, though. Do those people wear that when exercising in the gym, and then come into the hot tub to "rinse" their sweat-soaked clothes? Or am I just feeling uncomfortable because I'm showing my body while they hide theirs?

However! Tonight I was totally grossed out by this lady.

In the shower room there are 4 stalls with shower curtains (i.e. "covered") and 5 without (i.e. "in the open"). I usually use the "open" ones because they have railings for putting swimsuit. This lady, in the beginning, used an "open" one. I didn't pay attention at first. But at a certain point, out of the corner of my eyes, something caught my attention. It was her beige lace bra!!!! There was no swimsuit under that t-shirt!!! Aaaargh!!! She wore underwear instead of swimsuit!!! I wish it wasn't her panties under the shorts! Of course I can never find out because I didn't see that part. Yuck!! I was soaking in the hot tub with her underwear!!! (T_T)

Then, for whatever reason, she switched to one of the "covered" stalls, which happened to be the one directly across from me. The ones on either side were empty. Why did she have to choose that one? It wasn't a problem if she didn't use the handicap chair to put her stuff on, and positioned it right in the middle of the room! When I washed my hair, I had to take one step back to get the most water. That chair got in my way. She moved it slightly to the side without a word. Not towards her, but to the side. OK I wouldn't bump into it, but it's still in the middle of the room. Oh, and all this time, she wasn't inside the stall, but standing just outside. Curtains weren't used of course. (Then why use that stall???) Together with the chair, no one could get through. Luckily people were coming in through the other door. I would absolute hate having to dodge around with my eyes closed.

Well, did that lady think she's saving money by not buying a swimsuit? Has she considered how much bleach is in the hot tub? Does she know bleach eats elastics? Does she know bras and panties are mostly elastics? Bras aren't cheap. Let's say, mine are more expensive than my swimsuit.

Sigh... sorry, whining too much lately. But I can't help it. Currently under stressful situation. Actually, it's only gonna get worse. (T_T)

No comments: